HISTORY

Grant Station has been around since 1893

The Historic Grant Station was first built by Louis Benson around 1893 who operated the store for a few years and then sold it to Lars Jorgensen hence the name "Jorgensen's General Store". Once Jorgensen took over, he still ran the building as a general store, yet it also served as a post office, telegraph office and trading post.


 In 1956, Lars Jorgensen's daughters sold the store to Mr. and Mrs. John Swiger. They continued to run the building as a general store and served the needs of Grant's residents. They named the store "The Towne & Country Shop". In March 1962, after the death of Mr. Swiger the old store stood with closed doors.
  

The Grant General Store

In 1995,Robert and Lisa Knoblauch restored the shop as "The Grant Grocery" And on June 25,1999, the building was added to the US National Register of Historic Places as Jorgensen's General Store.  This place holds many memories for people.  This place used to be a home to some people local to the Grant area. 

Now Rib City, OGC and the Barn

In October 2011, Chris Pozgar purchased " The Historic Grant Station" and has done many renovations to the building. It is currently operating as the East Coast of Florida's first Rib City. The Historic Grant Station has expanded from just the building to 3 acres of land. Along with Florida's finest BBQ restaurant, Grant Station is home to Island Paddle, Old Grant Creamery and The Barn.